Work With Us
Rosenvale is a family run Barossa vineyard and wine company, with over 200 acres of vines, producing individually hand-crafted wines from the central to northern soils of the valley.
Our people are the core foundation of our business. Whether you work in the vineyards, in the office, tasting room or winemaking; everyone working at Rosenvale is dedicated to crafting quality wines and tourism experiences.
Please see listing below of current positions vacant:
Tasting Room Manager
Through our soon to be opened, tasting room at our Crossing Vineyard outside Nuriootpa, our aim is to deliver a unique experience to our guests that reflects our special part of the world.
The Tasting Room with small café will be a strong focus of our business and we have numerous new projects underway to help drive visitation and tourism.
We are seeking a highly motivated Tasting Room Manager with the skill and know how to understand and support the delivery of our vision and manage customer experience and sales.
About the Role:
The newly created role will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the tasting room, coaching our team to provide a great customer service experience whilst driving wine sales, and building awareness of the Rosenvale brand.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is enthusiastic and knowledgeable regarding the Barossa and wine, with strong communication skills, ideas and energy to lead the tasting room team.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years hospitality management experience
- A team mentality with the ability to communicate goals, results and statistics
- Computer skills and sales experience.
- Advanced attention to detail and experience with cash handling, stock control and reporting
- The desire to create smart systems and controls – enabling less office time and more time on the floor mentoring your team
- Excellent presentation and a positive and motivating personality
- The passion and initiative to own the role and drive the business as if it were your own
- Food preparation and handling experience
- Qualifications in business, management, marketing or a related discipline are preferred, however not essential
This role may include public holidays, some after-hours work and possible travel.
As this is a newly created role in a soon to be opened wine tasting room, responsibilities may change over time, however a large part of this role in the first few months will be the setup of systems, recruitment of staff, and training.
Over time, key responsibilities will include:
- Work with all members of tasting room to ensure they are educated, motivated and passionate ambassadors of the Rosenvale brand
- Prepare rosters and training schedules
- Create unique experiences for the wine tourist
- Plan promotional activities to maximise brand awareness and sales
- Event bookings and management
- Stock management, food ordering and preparation for small café
- Directly engage with tour operators, regional and state tourism organisations to encourage higher visitation
- Oversee POS systems, stock reconciliation, budgets and reports
The role will also have strong sales components and will be required to work closely with our Marketing Agency regarding growth of sales via website, newsletters and wine club.
The right person will show initiative and imagination and will be prepared to work well with a close-knit team including vineyard, winemaking, office and distributors.
The role will report directly to the Managing Director, and will be part of the small hands on management team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to bring their unique skills to this new position and make it their own.
How to apply:
For further information and position description, please email email@example.com
Applications with introductory letter and resume to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 5pm on Friday 9 February 2018.
Liquor License Number 51209005.